Friday, April 15, 2016

My Sephora Loves

I am a huge fan of rewards programs. If a company has a rewards program, I probably am a part of it. I have earned my way from Beauty Inside to VIB status (AKA Very Important Beauty Insider) in the Sephora Rewards Program stratosphere which means I spend too much money on makeup (thank you gift cards!). Part of the reason is because I have so many products that I continue to repurchase once I run out. I'm a huge fan of Target makeup hauls, and will most definitely be doing one of those on here, but when I need something a little more high end than the dollar E.L.F. products at the drug store, I run to Sephora. One of the other perks of having a Sephora account is being able to see a list of your previous purchases and adding any product to your "loves" list. So without further ado, I share with you: My Loves List.

NARS Velvet and Satin Matte Lip Pencil: $26
Pictures is the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella. One of the perks of the Sephora rewards program is an annual gift on your birthday, and this past year it was the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella as well as the Satin Matte Lip Pencil in Rikugien. I honestly didn't know there was a difference between the Velvet and Satin products until I made this post and looked up exactly what I had gotten for my birthday. I still have the sample products that I received last year that I sharpen with a NARS sharpener (it sharpens the plastic!). The product is super pigmented and goes on the lips super smoothly. The vibrant red of Cruella and subdued pink of Rikugien are perfect staples to any lipstick lovers collection!

Sephora Collection Purifying Brush Shampoo: $7 or $15
I bought this on a whim when I was buying some new brushes. No one ever really talks about cleaning brushes but it's vital to good skin and keeping your brushes soft, nice, and new-looking. I bought the 6.75 ounce size which I now realize is going to last literally forever. Only a little amount is deposited each pump and you really only need a pump or two for each brush. You simply wet the brushes and swirly them around in the "shampoo" and then wash it off in warm water and see all the foundation that was stuck in the brush go down the drain. It's super satisfying and my brushes are always the softest.

AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peal: $60
This peal is definitely on the pricier side and I was super hesitant to buy it even though it had amazing reviews. Despite the fact that it's a chemical peal, it is great on sensitive skin and unlike some stronger products, it doesn't require SPF to be worn for the next week after using it (even though you should wear SPF every day!). I use this product about two times a week and can feel immediately how clean my skin is. It removes dead skin cells and toxins from the skin so other products work better! I really notice a difference every time I use this product.
Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer: $15 or $29

I've been wanting to purchase a contour or bronzing powder for years now but I never got into the hype. I was worried I'd buy a product that didn't work or didn't look good on me or I simply wouldn't know how to use it. This product was recommended to me by my friend Clarae and let me tell you, it is amazing! I must admit that it's been a steep learning curve, and it only comes in one color, but for my super fair skin it's the perfect product. I bought a cheap contour brush from target instead of using the white brush that comes with it (even though that brush works fine as well) and use it to make my cheekbones more prominent as well as giving some color to my super pale winter skin!

Peter Thomas Roth Acne Clear Invisible Dots: $12 or $30
I found these dots through a Teen Vogue post about acne dots, which are exactly what they sound like. They're clear plastic dots that you put on blemishes overnight to get rid of. They're no miracle worker, and I only use them every now and then, but I really do like them! They reduce inflammation and redness overnight and have really helped me when I need to get rid of a blemish quickly.

Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray: $14 or $30
I was hesitant to buy this product, because a lot of the time for me the "cult favorites" just do not work. However, I have to admit that this product is amazing. My friend said that she used this before a swim meet and left the meet with the same fact of makeup she put on in the morning. Urban Decay also has an oil-control and hydrating setting spray and even though I have combination oily skin, I always opt for the original, but the preference is really up to the individual. I typically put this on each morning before I head to school and return after a long day of classes with my makeup still in place.

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3: $14 or $23.50
I found this product while searching for an exfoliator, and don't be fooled by the name because this is actually a toner. No one has any idea why it's called a lotion, just that it's a miracle product. I use this every morning and night during my skin routine before I do anything else and it really is amazing. You can see any excess dirt, oil, or makeup come off with each swipe of this on a cotton ball and I love using it.

Josie Maran 100 Percent Pure Argan Oil: $16 or $48 or $96
I use this as a moisturizer each night before I go to bed. Even though I have oily skin, this really evens out my complexion and doesn't make things oilier. It absorbs into my skin within five minutes and keeps my skin hydrated. I love that it's completely natural and doesn't have added chemicals like other regular moisturizers do.

Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection: $36
I think this was the first eyeshadow palette (besides my glamorous Claire's palettes) that I ever bought. I still have the product with the original packaging, I've been using it for so long. Though some of these colors are slightly different than what I have, and have different names. The colors are super pigmented and look great on anyone!

Smashbox Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer: $16 or $36 or $49
I also gave into this cult favorite a few months ago and absolutely love it. Though it says primer which at first thought means keeping makeup staying in place, I must say this doesn't do that. I use my Urban Decay Setting Spray for that. However, this primer helps my makeup go on super smoothly and rest on top of my face without it being absorbed into my pores. I use it almost every day!

There you have it! All pretty pricey, but don't worry, I'll be sure to do a Drug Store makeup "loves" list soon because 90% of my daily products are from Target. Hope you liked this post and if you want to see more be sure to comment and share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment