Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Trader Joe's Grocery Haul

Here we are again. Another day another shopping trip. As I said to my friend Clarae, going to Trader Joe's to me is like going on vacation. Which like, not really, please send me to Hawaii over Trader Joe's, but if it's Spring term and I have classes and am broke as a bat and can't go to Hawaii. Sure, send me to Trader Joe's. I don't know what it is about Trader Joe's. Is it the fact that they always have samples? That they're organic and basically a health-filled store? Is it because they only sell the Trader Joe's brand? Perhaps the Hawaiian theme? Whatever it is, I love it and I'm showing all of you what I love. To be honest, this trip around was more experimental. I hadn't been to a Trader Joe's in a while and had just worked out so I was on a bit of a carefree health kick (minus a few items). The last Grocery Haul was a hit so here we go again!

Calla Lillies: $2.99
Yay for Calla Lilies! I saw the store's beautiful array of flowers when I first walked in and the Calla Lilies caught my eye since they are my boyfriend's favorite flower.

Trader Joe's Low Calorie Lemonade: $2.69
I only got this because there was a whole pyramid display of these by the refrigerator section. Which is probably bad like impulse buys rack of the total of everything very quickly, but I also like lemonade. I already had some of this and it tastes great!

Trader Joe's Vegetable Fried Rice: $2.29
Okay I'm a huge fan of fried rice and I didn't even look at the nutrition information on the back of this packet before I bought it but I just love fried rice so much and it has veggies! That's good right? Ready in five minutes, that's something I can do.

Trader Joe's Almond Milk Original Unsweetened: $2.99
Soy Free! Rich and Creamy! Cool. I just wanted to try some more almond milk but unsweetened this time. The last time I bought almond milk I'm pretty sure it was sweetened and I just really hated it. It was a weird consistency and I don't need my milk to be sweet if I'm just trying to buy milk. So I'm giving this brand a go. Not sure why it doesn't say it's milk and it just says it's a "beverage" but like, we'll see.

Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper Hummus: $2.99
I LOVE HUMMUS. It's so good in so many ways. That is all.

Red Bell Pepper: $0.99
I have grown a huge love for red bell peppers, especially in the stir fry sense. I actually ended up cutting it up and eating it with the hummus and saving the rest for later. So so so so good.

Trader Joe's Pretzel Slims: $2.19
I'm a huge fan of pretzels but I'm weirdly an even bigger fan of flat pretzels? Don't ask me why I'm like this. I also ate these with the hummus.

Trader Joe's Cookie Butter: $3.69
Okay let me tell you something, if you have never had cookie butter go try it right now. My friend, Katie, from high school introduced it to me when she was literally eating entire jars with a spoon and nothing more. She got us all hooked on that diet. It was good. (I don't necessarily recommend it though) It's really life changing. Go try it now.

I just really love grocery shopping and trying new foods? If someone I'm with is going to the grocery store I have to stay in the car nowadays because I will spend all of my money. Also pro tip: Bring your own bags to Trader Joe's. Seriously. If not for saving money, for the fact that everyone else has their own canvas bags and you will be frowned upon. Just bring them.

No comments:

Post a Comment