Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Bucket List: Hiking

I crossed off a second item from my Oregon Bucket List this past weekend with my mom! I said I wanted to go hiking some Oregon trails before I left and that's exactly what we did. My mom is an avid lover of hiking and although I am not, I can appreciate it. My mom, Brandon, and I headed up to Spencer Butte on Mother's Day to walk to the summit of the butte. This is one of the most popular hikes in this area of Oregon, so I assumed it would also be pretty easy. Haha good one. It was a pretty short hike but it was all uphill. Every single time you pushed yourself to just go a little bit more and then you'd be at the top...nope. Not the top. Not at all. So if anyone tries to tell you that Spencer Butte is easy, punch them. Anyways! Here's some pictures from the lovely area!
Don't let the smile fool you, I was dying inside
It was so green. A lovely difference from California's desert hikes.
Hiking crew, post-summit
Uphill battle
My lovely mother and I up in the clouds at the summit of Spencer Butte!
Wanderers
It was a great mothers day and a fun though rainy hike. My mom loved it and we had a great Mother's Day all around!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so peaceful! I'm not that much into hiking, but I do enjoy it every once in a while - it's always so rewarding once you reach the top! Love the pictures!

    Amelie | A Wanderer's Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The top is definitely the best part! Thanks for reading!

      Delete