Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

Happy Memorial Day! For those of us in the U.S. I hope you're all having a relaxing holiday weekend full of fun, family, and friends. I, for one, had a very laid back weekend. My Friday was actually on Thursday as two of my Friday classes were cancelled and I took the third class' quiz a day early, so I got to take actual Friday off! Brandon's mom visited him in Eugene from Thursday until Sunday so we took a day trip to Florence, Oregon to visit the beach.
Before we left we all met at a pancake house in Eugene for breakfast and stuffed our faces with Eggs Benedict and bacon and pancakes and waffles. The pancake house was super spacious but also very cozy with super delicious food. I'm a huge breakfast fan so this was a good way to start my long weekend! Before heading out we visited Brandon's apartment so his mom could give the cats some treats and new toys which was super generous of her! The cats took some time to get used to the new toys but they haven't stopped playing with them since.
It was a little over an hour drive to Florence which was nice and scenic. Being that all three of us are from California we're always in awe of places that aren't super built up and we loved the green-ness of a state not in a drought. Though I had only taken this drive a few weeks earlier with my sorority, it was nice to see it again. Brandon had never been to the coast and we had all had a nice time walking on the vastness of the sand. Brandon's mom and I were all getting pretty tired, yawning every few seconds, by the time we got back to the car so we stopped by a Starbucks in a Safeway where they were having a rib cookout outside. It smelled delicious and reminded me of how much I miss barbecue and tailgates at the baseball park.
We were only in Florence for a couple of hours and I ended up taking a nap on the way back to Eugene. When we got back we had dinner at Olive Garden, a personal favorite of mine since carbs are my favorite food. We all got way too much food and were absolutely full to the brim by the end of the meal. Of course unlimited breadsticks don't help! After we were done stuffing our faces (including dessert of course) we called it a day. We were all super tired after our long but relaxing day. It was really nice to have Brandon's mom visit and be able to have us all visit the coast and eat some good food. My Memorial Day Weekend started off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment