Friday, June 24, 2016

Review: Finding Dory

No spoilers I promise! If you have to know anything about me, it is that I love Disney and everything to do with it. There will be a post coming up about my infatuation with the worldwide franchise, but for now we start smaller. Disney and Pixar teaming up is one of the best things to ever happen to animated movies. I've been a fan of pretty much ever Pixar movie from Toy Story to Cars to Monsters Inc to The Incredibles, Inside Out, Finding Nemo, and now: Finding Dory.

I had high expectations for this film after waiting thirteen years for it, but I know the masterminds behind the film know how to make a movie good. Finding Nemo had a certain feeling of magic to it. The undersea landscapes and jazzy music made the film relaxing in the tension of Darla and P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney. It was the perfect mix of anticipation and love for family and the clear blue ocean. Finding Dory centers in on the blue tang not as a "sequel" to Finding Nemo in the traditional sense. Finding Dory is more of a continuation.

The film opens with a wide eyed young Dory, playing with her parents and learning to live with her short term memory loss. We find our way through this flashback leading up to Dory meeting Marlin, which is seen in Finding Nemo. We flash forward to the present. Dory is cohabiting with the Clown Fish and participates in life with them. The story takes off from there, with Dory have faint instincts that she is forgetting something or someone. We get to see many flashbacks to young Dory with her parents and where she came from. Finding Dory follows the story of Dory attempting to find her parents with the clues from her faint memory and by extension finding herself.

Overall Finding Dory was a lovely film with laugh out loud moments. The end got crazy and unbelievable and they went full forward with that hilarity. It was so ridiculous you didn't even care at most points. The lovable additions to the cast included one near-sighted and one echolocation-less whale, a octopus that is actually a septopus, a loving group of blue tangs, and hilariously loud sea lions. I loved every second of it and am so glad this sequel finally made it's debut! Highly recommended to anyone who loved Finding Nemo and needs some lighthearted laughs emotional triumphs.

30 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie so much and your post just made me even more excited haha! Loved this post gal! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're excited! You're going to love it for sure, thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I'm dying to see this movie! I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD because movies are just so expensive these days, but until then I'm counting down the day!

    Tori
    mooretori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, I begged my mom to see it with me while I was home. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see this movie! It looks great.

    xoxo, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it wrong that I am afraid Im going to cry when I see it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will cry when you see it. Embrace it. Don't be afraid haha. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. Omg I want to see this movie so bad! It looks so good!
    -Anna | www.fivefootandfabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must see this movie soon! I love how you described it!

    xoxo, Candice
    http://www.candicenikeia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to! And thank you! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I'm so disconnected from reality, I totally haven't heard about this book/movie! Sounds great though!
    Kayla || Keynotes from Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crazy! You should totally check it out, super funny! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  8. I seriously can't wait to see this! Heard nothing but great things about it haha.

    Alix | www.apintsizedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could contribute to those positive reviews, such a good movie. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. This film is getting so much buzz and I hope to get a chance to see it while it's in theatres!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if you see it on DVD, it'll be worth it. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  10. Ahh I absolutely cannot wait to see Finding Dory!!!! So excited :)
    XO Amanda | www.glitterandspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been so ready to see this movie ever since they announced it was happening! Finding Nemo is one of my favorites (even though I have a terrible fear of the ocean...go figure lol) I'm so excited for when I go see it, although I don't know how soon that will be!

    xo
    Sami
    www.theclassicbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so worth the wait!! You'll love it when you find the time, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. I've got to see this movie soon!! Love your review :)

    X,
    Cristina
    Cristinawashere.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see Finding Dory! I love Pixar films, and I adored Finding Nemo.

    XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be disappointed! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie soon. Finding Nemo is one of my favorite childhood movies.

    xoxo, Danielle
    www.glamrme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love this one too, thanks for reading!

      Delete
  15. I am a HUGE Finding Nemo fan and like you I had high expectations. I saw the movie last weekend and I was hooked! It was so dang cute and low key want to see it again...
    xoxo
    Amy | Pastel N Pink

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can not wait to see Finding Dory! I've only heard good things about, so I know it has to be good!

    ReplyDelete