Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Welcome Love by Meagan to YouTube!: Ipsy Catch Up

For the post today I decided to do something a bit different. Linked here is a link to my first video for this blog! It is an overview of the past year of Ipsy bags that I have received. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag filled with makeup and beauty goodies. I've been with them for a year now so that is what is featured in the video. I hope you enjoy this format and hopefully I will be coming out with new videos to slowly create a YouTube channel!

I realized that I highly overestimated my ability to create a YouTube video! I had about an hour of footage that I ended up cutting down to twenty four minutes. That sound super long but because I'm showing you twelve bags that's only two minutes per bag! I also need to stop saying "um" so much and doing weird faces and fidgeting and making unnecessary sounds! I didn't notice any of this until I was editing and now I'm worried I'm that annoying in real life. I also learned there's a ton of Ipsy products that I've received and haven't tried out that I should try out!

I know I have a ton to work on in the filming department: lights, camera, equipment, editing, how I present myself, etc. It's hard work and even though I have some good ideas for videos the logistics behind it confuse me! Luckily, YouTube is partnered with Google as is Blogger so my blog, emails, and channel will all be connected to the same account and will be easier to manage.

I know no one wants to watch all twenty four minutes of me ranting about Ipsy but please feel free to scroll through and check out my opinions on the products and see where they have all ended up in my year with Ipsy! This is really a big tester video to see where I will go with this, so thank you for putting up with this for now! I will be receiving my June Ipsy bag soon and will be doing an unboxing video of that that I'm sure will not be as long! We will see where this YouTube channel takes me but for now, thank you for watching and please let me know what you'd like to see in the future on my YouTube channel!

2 comments:

  1. That is so very exciting you have a YouTube channel--and I enjoyed your Tony Award round-up there too-I look forward to the show each year to see at least a glimpse of the latest shows!
    Happy Almost Weekend, Meagan!
    Katelyn
    www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I might be a bit too ambitious but I hope it all works out. Musicals are my life so I'm glad someone else gets it! Thanks for reading and stopping by!

      Delete