Friday, July 1, 2016

Italian Time

So I had a plan for posts on this blog until like, the end of August, seriously I did. It's all laid out on Google calendars and I thought I was SO great being on top of my game. Not that it isn't great I had everything planned out and maybe I'm just getting down on my self but oh. my. goodness.

For those of you who don't know, I'm studying abroad in the south of Italy for two months. I just (and I mean just) touched down in Rome and I am currently sitting in the lobby of the airport, waiting for my next flight to take me to my final destination. Oh boy. I am so jet lagged. I've been out of the country before. The last time I was out of the country was a few years ago and I've never travelled internationally on my own. I was planning on filming my travels and editing the videos together into a vlog for here, but I quickly realized that wasn't going to be very interesting or work out very well. I had two flights and a layover amounting around sixteen hours of travel total.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say here is a schedule with such rigid ideas for posts might now work. I need to take this day by day. Considering there is a nine hour time difference as well, I don't always know when I will be posting these and if I will still try to post them at 10AM California time on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, or if I will post them on Italian time or...

I just need to settle in. I am supposed to meet my host family later today (actually probably as you read this I am meeting them if you are in the states) and hopefully from there I will be able to unpack and SLEEP! I already miss my house, my friends, English, and everything that home has to offer, but I am here for two months so might as well make the best of it.

So here we are to starting day one in Italy! Eight more weeks of intensive Italian language, cooking classes, and the beach!

23 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat as you, girl! I'm studying abroad in London and have WAY less time than I planned for blogging. We'll get through this together!
    -Anna | Www.fivefootandfabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me feel so much better!! Between the jet lag and traveling, trying to communicate in Italian, and becoming immersed in the experience it's hard to find a ton of time to blog. I hope you're having fun and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Have a good trip!! Italy is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Thank you and thank you for reading!

      Delete
  3. Have a great time in Italy! Enjoy your time and you'll find time to blog whenever you're free.. don't stress too much about it! Your readers will still read because they like your content :) Now go eat some pasta for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Already all over the pasta haha! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's amazing! Have a blast! We spent a week in Italy last summer and LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so nice, thank you and thank you for reading!

      Delete
  5. SO AWESOME that you're living and experiencing another culture! Even if you don't have as much time for blogging, who cares -- you're having a once in a lifetime experience! Can't wait to read more :)
    Danika || whatdanikadoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would so not worry about not having too much time for blogging, I would highly recommend just living in the moment!

    xoxo, SS

    Southern And Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will enjoy this time. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. I'm sooo jealous that you're in Italy for that long! I hope you have THE best time - it's so much fun and I consider it my second home! I would go there every other week if I could haha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! I'm so glad to be able to visit a place so many people love so much. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  8. It sounds like you're going to have an amazing trip, I would love to take cooking classes in Italy! I studied in Greece two years ago and blogging was kind of a pain over there because wi-fi was so hard to find!

    Kristin
    The Blush Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my problem! Luckily my host family has wifi but besides that, nothing! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  9. Oh wow what an exciting time for you. I hope you have an incredible time while you're there

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have an incredible experience! Take the time to enjoy Italy, and don't worry about blogging for now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  11. Enjoy taking things day by day! No need to stress about blogging when you're in such a gorgeous, fun place :) We'll be here when you're ready to write!!

    XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete