Monday, July 4, 2016

July 2016 Goals

The end of June to the beginning of July has been insanely hectic! I meant to get this post up last week but here we are now so this is what you get! Oh, and for those in America HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! The fourth is one of my favorite holidays and I'm so sad I'm missing it this year but of course I'll keep you updated on the Italian excursions we Americans have today. Now for my July goals (and hopefully I will be able to revisit these next month!)

1. Make five new friends in the Italian program.
This shouldn't be too hard as I've already met some people, but I want to make sure I can go home with stories and new memories!

2. Try traditional Puglian dishes.
The region I am in is called Puglia, and each Italian region is home to their own specific ingredients and dishes. Because Puglia is near the sea there are many seafood dishes, as well as some pasta dishes that are specific to Puglia. I am excited to find and try these!

3. Be able to communicate in Italian with my host family.
My host family here in Italy speaks some English and I speak some Italian so it can be a bit hard to communicate at times. I'm hoping to be able to speak with them in a casual manner by the end of this month!

4. Learn how to pay with coins!
This may seem silly but in America we really don't use coins unless we're intent on getting rid of some change while paying or if we're cashing them in at the bank! In Europe, they have two euro and one euro coins as well as fifty and twenty five cent coins. Adding up all the two and one euro coins you have at the end of the week that go unused amounts to a lot!

5. Keep in touch with people at home.
There's a nine hour time difference between California and Italy, so it's been a bit hard thus far to keep track of many things including blogging, texting people, tweeting, and other forms of social media. When I wake up around ten in the morning here, it's one in the morning at home and no one is awake! I have to figure out how to properly and consistently communicate with people!

There we have it! Five goals may not seem like a ton compared to my ten or so goals from June, but this is going to be a busy and challenging month. Wish me luck!

24 comments:

  1. So jealous right now! Love all your goals.

    Alix | www.apintsizedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Communicating in italian with your host family is a great goal. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working towards it is difficult but it'll be a great accomplishment for me. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Great goals. Have a great time in Italy, I'm so jealous!

    Greta | www.gretahollar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You'll have to come visit here sometime. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Hope you have so much fun during your time abroad :)

    xoxo, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I've never heard of puglia but so neat it has its own separate cuisine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely the lesser known region of Italy but it's so beautiful. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. Love your goals. I think I definitely need to sit down and do the same. It's amazing how much more you accomplish when you get your goals down on paper (or in a blog post).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the same thing and it's exactly why I do this!! I'd love to read your goals! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. These are awesome goals and it sounds like you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been a good July so far.

      Delete
  8. Those are all such fun and exciting goals to help you make the most of your time in Puglia! I have such incredible memories of my trip to Italy so I can only imagine all the fun your going to have!

    La Belle Sirene 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Italy is so great! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  9. Great goals, sounds like you'll have a lot of fun in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're going to have so much fun in Italy!! You honestly get used to paying with coins after the first few days. Can't wait to see the pictures from your trip!

    xo
    Sami
    www.theclassicbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have indeed now gotten used to it! I'm really good at exact change already. Thanks girl!

      Delete
  11. Such great goals! I've been trying to keep in touch with people at home as well. Since moving to college I feel like I've kind of shut myself off. Good luck on your goals!
    xoxo
    Amy | Pastel N Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand that, it takes time but we can do it!

      Delete
  12. Oh my gosh! Have a lovely time in Italy <3


    XO,

    Hannah from HMS Jewels
    http://www.hmsjewels.com

    ReplyDelete