Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Sephora Just Arrived Beauty Review

I occasionally dabble in the fashion blogging world but if you know me at all you will know that my thing is makeup. Don't get me wrong, I love clothes, but I am on the Sephora and Colourpop and Ulta websites far more than I am on clothing websites. So I keep telling myself I need to do some cute fashion shoots here and there, some Nordstrom Anniversary Sale picks, etc. etc. etc. But it just hasn't happened. I know, you get no Nordstrom Anniversary Sale post from me and it's a burden I will bear until the next anniversary sale in which I will have to decide whether or not to participate. But I just wouldn't be able to give you guys reliable feedback. So here I am with another Sephora post! These are all coming directly from Sephora Just Arrived section. These are my quick and easy reviews for ten of the products I am most excited about from the section.

1. Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick-$46
This product has such a wide color range it makes me so happy and content with the world. That price tag though does not make me content nor happy with anything. I want to try this out so badly if for nothing else than because tons of YouTube beauty gurus have been raving about it. It looks super easy to use and apparently feels weightless on the skin. I'll probably go into to a sample, if nothing else.

2. Tarte Tarteist x @MakeupShayla Contour Palette-$45
I know, I know we don't need another contouring kit/palette, but Tarte's packaging is so cute and this product has such good reviews I want to try it out. I personally have never purchased a contour kit (Anastasia Beverly Hills has been tempting the life out of me though) so I definitely want to look into this one. Unfortunately, that price tag still makes me shudder.

3. Marc Jacobs Beauty Air Blush Soft Glow Duo-$42
Why is everything so expensive? Confession: I have never found a blush that I love on my skin so I usually go sans blush when I do my everyday makeup. I have been dying to find a blush that I love though and I have a feeling these subtle multi-color blushes might do the trick. These are supposed to look flattering on any skin type and they have a range of colors. The downside? $42 for a blush is a lot. I'll forgive it though because it's Marc Jacobs.

4. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Intensive Peel-$40
I love First Aid Beauty's products and I love face masks and peels so this is a match made in heaven. Ever since I got their exfoliating pads I knew it was true love. This product claims to fix fine lines and wrinkles and shrink pores as well as correcting the texture of the skin. That all sounds amazing and if it works please sign me up. I've been super into skincare lately and experimenting with new products, so of all the products on this list, I'm eyeing this one the most.

5. Boscia Sake Bright White Mask-$38
Staying on the same trend of face masks (the things I love, remember?) I love boscia too. I've had one of their charcoal face masks sitting in my bathroom for ages (not expired yet, don't worry) since I've just been waiting for the right time to use it because boscia products are so precious. This face mask is supposed to brighten the skin and diminish the appearance of hyperpigmentation. I believe it, super credible brand and this products claims to do basic, wonderful things that boscia has proven they're great at: brighten, hydrate, and reduce skin flaws.

6. Smashbox Studio Skin 24 Hour Waterproof Concealer-$25
I love my Sephora Collection concealer (in Bavarian Cream, the lightest shade available my friends) but I'll admit sometimes want to reach for something more full coverage. Claiming your product will stay on for 24 hours and is also waterproof is a ballsy thing to do. Not only that, the price tag is reasonable and Smashbox is great. The only downside is the color range is a bit...limited to say the least. It goes from several slightly varied shades of white to a lighter brown and then a dark brown. C'mon Smashbox, you should know better.

7. Josie Maran Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm-$36
I've only ever tried Josie Maran's 100% Argan Oil but that product is god send so I want to shop around here. The more I realize about my skin and my body the more I want to take care of it. I want my skin to look nice and nourish it and this product definitely sounds nourishing. It doesn't have many reviews yet but they all seem to be good, just noting that it is super small! And for $36...maybe that's not worth it? I'd still love to try some!

8. Chloé Limited Edition Eau de Parfum in Chloé-$180
So this is literally a $180 perfume when I can get a VS perfume for $20 which sounds so ignorant of me to say but gosh. Designer perfumes man. So I'll probably never end up getting it but boy do I want to smell it. This perfume is limited edition and the packaging is so cute. The samples I've gotten of Chloé perfumes are always dazzling. Luckily, if you really want this, the smallest size comes at a lower $75. Eat your heart out Chloé limited edition.

9. Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops-$42
This is literally what I have been looking for for so long. I had this idea way before Cover FX did. This product has been getting rave reviews and for good reasons. You mix these drops with your foundation or massage it straight onto your skin and it gives you a subtle glow for these warm summer months. When I get back in America, I probably won't need or want this product for the winter months unfortunately, but oh boy if this is still around next summer I will be getting this. It makes anyone look good!

10. St. Tropez Tanning Essentials Limited Edition Summer Favorites Kit-$50 for a $73.50 value
I am so pale. I hate tanning because it's bad for you but I love looking tan. I typically tan my body (with sunscreen of course!) but not my face, so my face ends up being shades lighter than the rest of me which isn't the best look, but also isn't terrible. Point being, I've been searching for a reliable self tanner for my face (and body perhaps) for forever now. St. Tropez always pops up as a favorite and now I can get three products including the tanning mitt for $23.50 off. Sounds like a great deal to me!

Sorry this post doesn't have many visuals, I have my first Italian exam today (and it is also my birthday, woo-hoo) so I've been quite busy! But be sure to click those links and let me know your favorites!

14 comments:

  1. These products sound awesome! I am awful at applying makeup but I do love trying new products haha!

    xoxo,
    Katie
    chicincarolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried these products but they sound awesome!
    Kayla || Keynotes from Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these products sounds so great!! I can hardly do my makeup but i will for sure check it all out!

    http://xoxobella.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to try newly all of these!

    xoxo, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been so long since I made a Sephora trip but next time I do I think I have lots of new goodies to try! Thanks for the reviews!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff need to test some of these out

    Laura B. | www.LauraWears.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having serious Sephora withdrawals! I will definitely check some of these out!
    -Anna | www.fivefootandfabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh neeeeeed to try these products!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A finishing foundation stick sounds so weird but I would be so interested in hearing your review about that!

    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have really been up to date recently with Sephora!! I just am loving the custom enhance drops!!

    http://styledbys.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this review! It's really helpful for anyone looking for specific products without wanting to buy them first:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always write the best beauty reviews. You're so detailed! I have been looking for some new products so I'll have to take this to Sephora with me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a mini Sephora palette that I use daily! I have yet to branch out to their other products. Need to look into these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great review! My mom loves Sephora and may need to pick up some of these goodies for her!
    xoxo
    Amy | Pastel N Pink

    ReplyDelete