Friday, September 9, 2016

Trunk Club #2

Back again with another Trunk Club! If you missed the first one check it out! Trunk Club is sort of like a clothing subscription service but you only get a box when you want one, you work with a personal stylist, and you only pay for what you keep. Like not even shipping. They even send you a return label! The entire process is so great and easy and I would recommend it for honestly everyone. My stylist's name is Alyssa and like. This entire box. I want the entire box. If I had the money, seriously, I would buy it all. This entire box was perfect. Unfortunately I had to narrow it down. Read ahead to see what I thought! You can get your own right here!
Print Sleeveless Mock Neck Blouse in black from Vince Camuto: $69
This shirt was really cute! Would be great for a nice dinner night. Nothing too special about it but it fit my body really nice since it was flowy.
Side Shirred Knit Dress in black from Halogen: $68
Okay. Okay. This dress was PERFECT. It was like a warm hug. SO comfy and so cute. It really complimented my figure and when I paired it with the Steve Madden shoes it was like a dream first date outfit. Assuming I can find a guy over 6'2 cause I was tall with these on.
Long Sleeve Turtleneck in black from Halogen: $39
Long story short I just can't do turtlenecks.
Zip Detail Square Neck Drop in burgundy from Halogen: $78
This one wasn't my favorite but like if I had the money I honestly would have bought everything in this box. The zippers confused me (I unzipped the wrong one at first) but it was such a pretty deep color and would have been great for meetings and work. It was also THE HARDEST THING EVER to take off over my boobs. Eek.
Zip Front Midi Skirt in black from Halogen: $69
I WAS SO TEMPTED. So tempted. I didn't even love this skirt. But I still loved it. It was comfy and sexy librarian and great. Does that make sense at all? All I can say though: panty lines. Womp womp.
Double V Neck Shift Dress in orange from Halogen: $69
I didn't love this at all. Also very shapeless. And short. AH.
Shoulder Pleat Sleeveless Tee in white from Trouvé: $39
This one also wasn't my favorite. It was basically a nice, soft white tank top. I didn't look great on my body and it was a bit sheer which is always my least favorite thing. I never know what to wear under it!
Twist Front Crop Top in black from Topshop: $30
I kind of already have a decent amount of crop tops with nowhere to wear them. And this one just didn't do anything for me. My roommate said it looked like just the front shrunk in the wash. Cute, but not for me. It looked fire with the leather jacket. Unfortunately as you will read later in this post though, that one didn't fit me.
Off the Shoulder Trapeze Dress in red from Topshop: $75
This dress was super short on me and it really only worked with a belt that my roommate gave to me. Otherwise it was very shapeless. It was also orange. Not red. I did really like it with the belt but it was just a tid tad too orange and a tid tad too short.
Crinkle Twist Back Midi Dress in black from Topshop: $55
This dress was a little too formal and a little too sexy for me to have anywhere to wear it. The material was unreal though. I loved it so much. Get me a dress like this that's a BIT shorter. And I am so down.
'Joni' High Rise Skinn Jeans in black from Topshop: $65
I went back and forth on these jeans for a while. Jeans that fit me are pretty hard to find because I have a small waist, wide hips, and a relatively tiny booty (not too tiny just relatively). These jeans were STRETCHY though! And the only other black jeans I have owned were for my job at Starbucks and they didn't fit at all lol. These however, were so comfy. Only downside is there weren't belt loops. So I kept pulling them up even in the few minutes I had them on.
Cold Shoulder Shift Dress in pink from Vince Camuto: $148
For $148 it just wasn't worth it. It didn't fit my hips or butt well but the off the shoulder/open shoulder type thing was very cute. I wish it would've worked. But just short and not fitting the hips well. As usual. Pray for my body type please.
'Claara' Block Heel Sandal in black from Steve Madden: $119.95
So here's the thing I literally don't own heels. I'm tall so I've never needed them. I think they're so cute though and I'm growing into this phase where I just want to wear heels all the time. I feel like I've missed out on so much (but also saved a lot of money). These are perfect and considering how expensive shoes are these days, a great price from Steve Madden.
Faux Leather Jacket in black from BLANKNYC: $98
This leather jacket was so cute but it also had weird zippers, and it didn't fit my arms or shoulders very well. My roommate actually almost bought it, but the shoulder pads killed it.
Crepe Shift Dress in purple from Felicity & Coco: $88
I thought this one was pretty cute! It was a shapeless purple dress that hit mid thigh. Not shapeless in a bad way, just sort of a high end t-shirt dress. It could've been cute with a dress and the right shoes but was just a biiiiiit too short for my tall stature. (I''m 5'10 and 3/4 if anyone was curious at this point)

I ended up getting the side shirred knit dress from Halogen and I think I'll find some cheaper heels somewhere like Forever 21. I love these heels so much but I spent too much at Disneyland the other day. You understand, right? Alyssa did such a wonderful job with this box and I can't wait to get more from her! If you want your own Trunk Club click this link!

14 comments:

  1. I have such a hard time with Topshop clothes! Like a lot that you mentioned this always something just kind of off about it and if I could just change that one thing I would love it lol

    Great hearing about your experience with trunk club though! I've been on the fence!

    Rachel | www.theconfusedmillennial.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the off-the-shoulder topshop dress! It's such a fun color!

    X,
    Cristina / cristinawashere.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wear turtlenecks either - I always feel like someone is choking me! Sorry to hear about the fit of some of these dresses, they're so cute in the pictures!

    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those Steve Maddens and the Halogen dress! Gorgeous pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pieces are so pretty, love the color of the last dress!

    xoxo
    Amy | Pastel N Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Steve Madden shoes! So many great options here.

    xoxo, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. These items are all so cute! Nice to know that Trunk Club is a great subscription service!
    -Anna | www.fivefootandfabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all the more subdued, basic prints!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all such cute pieces! I love the brands everything is from!

    Kristin
    The Blush Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg there are so many cute pieces here! My favorites are that pink dress and the black heels!

    xo
    Sami
    www.theclassicbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is amazing! Such a great way to have someone do your shopping for you when you just don't have the time to shop. I love that pink dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, this is awesome! Do they have different price ranges? I seriously want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many cute pieces, for such great prices! Such a cool idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We must have the same taste because I love everything that was sent to you. Those shoes!!! OMG I am obsessed!

    ReplyDelete